09-27-2026, 11:00 PM
(09-25-2026, 06:13 PM)MaryAlice Wrote: Pretty much any history, as long as it comes from some credible sources. I especially love listening to Fr. Robert Spitzer when he gets on an historical bent, discussing The Old Testament and the various periods of time and events which led to Christ's breaking into a specific time and location. Also, with the study of archeology, this branch of science has certainly helped to shore up what the Old and New Testaments' authors wrote.Thanks, Mary Alice. I will have to check this out. This makes sense, since after the death of St. Stephen, Greek speaking believers fled to Antioch, where they began preaching to Gentiles as well as Jews. It was in Antioch that the followers of Christ were first called "Christians" (Acts 11:26).
As an aside, there's a series on EWTN, the first episode of which aired last weekend, "The Road Less Traveled." The host of the program explains various details, and he begins in Ancient Antioch where it is believed that the Apostles first went to begin spreading The Gospel. He also has a very light-hearted and almost comical approach in his delivery. The program really grabbed me with what he's conveying, and I can't wait for the next episode. You can go to: https://www.ewtn.com/programs/10781-road...ed-turkiye
And I just checked into it, the next episode is there for our viewing, discussing Ancient Cappadocia!
Enjoy!


